Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Progress!

Just wanted to update you on our latest progress on the basement.  I say "our", but I really mean Steve.  He has been busting tail to get it so that we can at least start moving furniture and boxes into the space.  Maybe by the spring equinox (happy birthday Joyce!), I will have my car back in the garage.  Ironic considering the winter we've had!  Here are the highlights (i.e. my favorite parts):

 
The bathroom.  He needs to tile the shower area and then the plumber can come and hook up everything.

The entrance from the foyer into our basement.  We decided to go with a paned window so people realized the stairs were right there.  It kind of opens it up a little in there as well.

This is the pantry area.  One of my favorite parts.

This is my other favorite part, the bar.  Wine cooler goes in the space on the right, just waiting for a little bit of trim to go up.  Who's ready for some margaritas???

The bedroom.

We are waiting for a stair company to build our banisters for Steve to install and then we will be ready for carpet.  Not too much longer!

No comments: