Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Like I Don't Already Have Enough on My Plate!

It's mornings like this one which remind me why I am thinking about going back to work.  It began with Kyle asking me a question and I responded my, "I don't know because my mind is mush."  I would like to retell what the question was, but I can't remember with my mush-mind.  Here are some other highlights:

  • Cheerios littered around the entire first floor like confetti after a party.  Shouting at me saying, "Ha-ha!  You thought you could keep the floor clean for more than 12 hours!  Fool!"
  • Indecisive two year-olds who ask for a smoothie (which by the way literally takes more time to clean up than it does to make, but I do it with love because it's a great breakfast...fruit, yogurt...yum!) but decide a smoothie is not how they want to wash down their Cheerios (apparently some went down their throats instead of on the floor).
  • Cleaning the shower stall, one of my least favorite activities, with a toothbrush no less.  Not as clean as I want it to be, but it will suffice for another six months.
So I am thinking of going back to work, not only to hopefully bring back some of those brain cells which got me my Master's degree, but to bring back some of the sanity I feel like I'm missing in my life.

It is certainly not for the money, I think after we hire a nanny, lawn boy, housekeeper, cook, food shopper, social planner and chauffeur we will be out a couple more bucks than I bring in.

Wish me luck!

No comments: