Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Five Plus Two Equals Seven

How twins are made - Courtesy of my aunt!

My friend Jenn is pregnant with twins. When she told me chills went up my spine and tears welled in my eyes. Not tears of sadness, just a complete overwhelming of emotion for my friend. It's going to be a wild ride for her and her family, and I can't help constantly thinking about what I need to tell her, give her, and do to support her.

She's worried, of course. Worried about the health of the babies, worried about fitting them into her space, worried about her other kids. Lots of planning, lots of anxiety, and lots of anticipation. It will be so great! She has many friends and lots of family eagerly waiting to help, along with a supportive husband and excited children. Lucky babies!

I've already told her the worse part, the sleep deprivation. Thankfully this only lasts a couple of months. The best part? Way too many to count! Looking at them nestled together in there bassinet as infants, the way they play and talk to each other when they're older...all awesome! Having twins is so much fun!

When the twins are born, she will also have five children...a handful! Go Jenn Go!

No comments: