Thursday, November 12, 2009

Special Visitor

We have had special visitor to our home the last couple of days. She's really cute and doesn't say much, but we love her. The boys decided to take a couple of pictures, this is the best one:

Actually we don't know if she's a boy or a girl but praying mantises have a special place in my heart. I just think they are really cool. Not that I would EVER touch one, I think the girl chromosomes I have would prevent that from happening. I also just recently learned from my
10 year-old entomologist they have stingers, so I am DEFINITELY staying away!

This summer, Steve and I were out on a date at a lovely restaurant with a great outdoor patio. (If you live here, you know where this is!) We should have been having great child-free conversations, but I couldn't keep my eyes off this baby praying mantis which kept hanging around.

Plus I hear they are good luck, and who doesn't need some extra luck! I hope she sticks around for a while!

No comments: